Sunday 1 April 2012

Zentangle









I first came across Zentangle at a craft show I went to in October. There was a woman demonstrating and selling books and packs about it. I was immediately drawn to it as I am a doodler (you only need to look at my work note books to see that!) and Zentangle gave a name to what I did myself. I had never really considered it artwork as such, just repeated patterns intermingling.

There are plenty of explanations for what Zentangle actually is on the web such as on this link here.
I have dabbled on and off since October and find it really relaxing, it is something I can do in the evening once I have got my boys into bed and finished the housework. Here are some of my Zentangles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really like your work, especially the 5th one:) Welcome to the 'Blogisphere!' I, too, enjoy using color, but I'm not sure if I like combining it with my Zentangles. I'm still exploring that;)

    ReplyDelete