Tuesday 24 April 2012

Weekly Challenge #67: "Amanda Day"

This tangle is the one that I did to fit in with the weekly challenge. The challenge was to do one for Earth Day. I decided to use a circle, round like the Earth and then used tangles that reminded me of plants and flowers. I used the swirling pattern at the back which is a pattern that has reccurred in my drawings and sketching for years, it tends to grow like bindweed during boring meetings! I shaded using grey green and steel blue graphitint pencils like the land and the oceans (returning to the earth theme).


These are two other tangles I have done in the past week (not challenge related but a few auras crept in from last weeks challenge) but I thought I'd post them anyway. I really liked the heart one and think I will use it to make a card to send to my lovely husband who is away at sea at the moment.


10 comments:

  1. You have created a world full of shine, touched with color, and full of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is beautiful and botanical. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your flowery, leafy earth! The other two are beautful as well. I'm sure your husband will love receiving some of your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your daisy design, pussy willow,the Indian blanket flower and the swirly vines in the first tangle. Then I can see why your name is Jules! Such a lovely bracelet look to the second tangle. And the third one is so intricate and complicated, like seeing your mind just working away in it's Zen fashion. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to Amanda day...beaut floral touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fantastic! I can't even pick a favorite:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all wonderful. i really like your earthday one - it's very pulled together and beautiful! it looks like it was a lot of fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Amanda tile! so very 3 dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - you earthday one floors me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's very nice. I love the touches of blue and flowers at the borders.

    ReplyDelete