Monday 16 June 2014

Weekly Challenge #172: Duotangle - Auraknot vs Mooka

I'm back! A lot has happened since my last post which was back in August, the main thing is that I am 24 weeks pregnant with our third child. We don't know what we are having so will find out when he or she arrives some time around the beginning of October. Juggling being pregnant with two lively boys aged 2 and 4, a husband on deployment since February and work hasn't left me with much me time.  I've decided it is time I got my pens back out and have a go at the tangle challenge again and make a bit of down time for myself.

Here is my attempt at this weeks challenge. Mooka is probably my favourite tangle and Auraknot is one I've never quite got to grips with so this was an interesting challenge for me. I used my isograph pens (having covered myself in ink to clean them out and get them working again!) and the sage and ivy graphitint pencils.





I've just added this one, a mono tangle using just mooka.



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful tangles and the shading is so well done. I love the shimmer added to the shading. It gives so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely shading! Thank your husband for his service, and also for yours, holding down the home front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty TIA... love the shading and the overall design... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, very, very nice. The lights and darks unify all the lines. I love the subtle colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your treatment of both patterns.Your overall design is superb. I'm glad you cleaned up your pens. Your shared artistic skills are very much appreciated. So wonderfully done. (Your Mooka's do indicate a special affection, they are very relaxed, at ease, and comfortable in your Tile.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty tile and nice depth inside Auraknot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love these tiles. Especially in the first one I love the shading. Great, not knowing (wanting!?) to know if the baby is a boy or a girl, I like that idea. That will be a big surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Mooka is probably my favourite tangle" - well, this is clearly shown in the drawings :)
    Your mooka, especially on the 2nd tile, is gorgeous. And your unique shading adds to the overall effect.
    Maybe one day mooka will be my friend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like how you were able to set both of these off with your shading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Omer, One can see you love mooka, it looks great. But so does your Auraknot, so much depth and such great shading. Congrats with your pregnancy, and I think it is great to be surprised and not to know on forehand what sexe the baby will be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete