Tuesday 12 April 2016

Weekly Challenge #263: Globular Grid

It has been a long time since I have posted on this blog. In that time I have not had a lot of time to myself to tangle. With three boys, a change of direction career wise and a husband at sea, I have my work cut out for me. My boys are all growing up so fast.



When I walked through town today I popped into the art shop and treated myself to a new little sketchbook and have blown the dust off my Rotring pens and decided to see what the Diva Challenge was this week.

I started by drawing around my mug and marked out the grid. I decided that I was going to do a monotangle, something I didn't need to think too much about to get myself back into the swing of tangling. I had a quick flick through my old sketchbooks and chose "Hypnotic". I used the pens to draw the tangle. The grid made me think of a globe so I chose to use blues and greens and coloured in the string using my Inktense pencils (dry). Although I am pleased with the tile I think I should have kept the colour a little more subtle as I have lost some of the definition in the tangle.

Here is the tile before I added colour

And here is the finished tile.


Thank you for looking at my tile.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice, the colours are great, but the tangles really shine in your black and white version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, clever to use colour to make it look like land masses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enchanted by your gorgeous boys! They really look so adorable. Hope they're always as good as they seem in this picture (unlikely, I know!) Love your hypnotic monotangle too - it's a really excellent concept and the finished version works really well.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that pattern, can't think why I've never used it and it fits this Challenge perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. You do sound very busy, your boys are cute. I struggle to tangle sometimes with 2 girls around me!😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both beautiful in their own way. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete